For our client, a highly successful and growing law firm, we are looking for a driven and talented Human Resources Coordinator to join the team in New York. This modern and progressive law firm has placed public service at the center of its practice. Do you shine with excellent interpersonal and strong problem-solving skills? Do you possess good judgement and are a team player? Then join our client’s growing team and enjoy an attractive compensation package tailored to experience.
- Support onboarding processes, including scheduling new hire orientations, updating internal employee data files, I-9 verifications, and adding new employees to the firm’s vendor accounts.
- Help maintain personnel files and related records.
- Support offboarding processes, including updating internal files and terminating employees from the firm’s vendor accounts.
- Provide administrative support during the Firm’s annual Open Enrollment season, including scheduling of meetings, internal communications, and invoice reconciliation.
- Assist with coordination of employee leaves of absences (e.g., disability, FMLA, parental), the administration of the Emergency Child Care program, and other benefit programs.
- Stay aware of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable HR best practices.
- Participate in annual plan audits, including data gathering for compliance filings and notices.
- Assist with coordination of office events (e.g., staff appreciation, internal holiday events) as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Broad knowledge of Human Resources functions and prior Human Resources experience is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills including knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and ADP Workforce Now.
- Clear and proactive communication paired with attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Adhere to Firm policies regarding the protection of confidential data and demonstrate sensitivity to confidential attorney, personnel, and Firm matters.
- Versatile, flexible, and able to multi-task with ease. Can respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities and comfortable in an environment where responsibilities may vary from day to day.
- Proactive and team-focused with good Project Management skills and a sense of ownership. Strong customer-service orientation and ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with employees, clients, and professionals.
- Passionate about purposeful work and our client’s commitment to civil rights and public interest law.
- Based in the New York area or willing to relocate. Hybrid availability: work in the office 2 – 3 days per week.
Please send your Resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Human Resources Coordinator in the subject line. You may also attach a Cover Letter or other supporting documents (optional).